Seven Hills Literary Contest
Upload Deadline: Aug. 31, 2012
- Short Story 2,500 word maximum, any genre.
- Creative Nonfiction 2,500 word maximum. Submissions in this genre could include (but are not limited to) memoir, food or travel writing, personal essays, new journalism, biography, nonfiction stories, and nature writing. The emphasis in creative nonfiction is on factually true yet elegant literary expression.
- Children’s Chapter Books 2,500 words maximum. for ages 6-12, with 2,500 word maximum. Submit a synopsis of the chapter book (100 words or less) along with a representative excerpt of 2,500 words. (Note: We offer children’s picture book competition in alternate years.)
- Flash Fiction 500 word maximum.
- $100 first place, $75 second, and $50 third. Honorable Mention may also be awarded.
- · Winners are published in the Seven Hills Review and receive one free copy.
- · $17 per entry for nonmembers; $12 per entry for members. No limit on number of entries.
- · Entries may be submitted through Submishmash.com. See www.twaonline.org for details and link to site.
Seven Hills Coordinator
Tallahassee Writers Association